Ads 468x60px

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Sania dedicates her victory to Shoaib

GUANGZHOU: Indian tennis star and wife of star Pakistani all-rounder Shoaib Malik, Sania Mirza has started her gold medal campaign in style as she won her first round match in Asian Games 2010.
Sania, who is currently world no. 166, dedicated her victory to husband Shoaib Malik and praised the support she received from Malik in playing tennis. Sania beat Hong Kong’s Chan Wing Yau convincingly by 6-1, 6-0 in just one hour.
“I didn’t feel well in the last two weeks. I was absent from the team event, but now I feel much better. My husband came here today, that made me very confident and I felt good,” said by Sania.Sania Mirza will now face Chinese tennis star sixth seed and world no. 91 Zhang Shuai in the next round match. “Sania is a very strong opponent and we respect her,” said by Zhang.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...