Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Want to earn same respect as coach as I did as a player: Waqar

Waqar: Need to earn respect
pakistan coach Waqar Younis on Tuesday said he wants to earn respect and admiration just like he did when he was a player.
In an interview to Geo Super channel, Waqar said: "As a coach I am giving the same commitment like I did when I was a player. The intensity and hunger has not gone down."
"As the coach of the Pakistan cricket team I want to earn the same respect and appreciation as I earned during my playing days. Whenever I leave my position, I would like to do it with my head held high."

Despite all the bad phase that Pakistan cricket is going through, Waqar is upbeat that his players are capable of surprising everyone.
He said: "People say we are a young team and we have no senior players or a true leader. However, they forget that young players played a key role in the 1992 World Cup. They also went on to become great players in Pakistan cricket history."
He added: "My job is to help the youngsters adapt to the conditions and pressure of international cricket and make them perform well. I am trying my best to use my experience and exposure for the benefit of the team."
With the team preparing for the World Cup, Waqar accepted that his main concern is keeping the players fit.
"There are few fitness issues with Misbah (ul-Haq), Wahab (Riaz) and Khurrum (Manzoor) but it is not serious. With World Cup approaching, it's a player's responsibility to be match fit," said Waqar.
Waqar also accepted that under Javed Miandad's guidance during the national camp in Lahore players have become more technically sound.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...