Ads 468x60px

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Be wary of Pakistan, Bollinger tells Aussies

Pakistan were thrashed by 110 runs by New Zealand here on Tuesday night Aussie but paceman Doug Bollinger believes Shahid Afridi’s men are still one of the most dangerous teams at World Cup 2011.

Bollinger, who was a part of Australia’s original World Cup squad but was sent back home because of an ankle injury, urged his team to be wary of Pakistan when the two sides meet in their last Pool A game in Colombo on March 19.

“Absolutely we should be wary of Pakistan,” said Bollinger. “I think they’ve played really well. Shahid Afridi is leading really well and I think Pakistan have to be seen as one of the favourites to perform.”

Bollinger lamented the fact that fitness problems ruled him out of what would have been his first World Cup. “To come home because of an injury was heartbreaking,” he said.

“It was my first World Cup and watching them play the other night it was hurting to know I had to watch them from home. There’s not much I can do about (the injury). I’ve just got to try to take a few weeks off and see how I go, see how my foot pulls up.

“It’s obviously a shame and I’d love to be there with the guys.”

Australia have replaced Bollinger with Michael Hussey, a seasoned batsman. The move has raised quite a few eyebrows but Bollinger believes it’s a good decision.

“I think it’s great, I think he’d be very happy and hope he goes well.

If he gets a game, I hope he goes well. He’s one of the senior players, he’s a great one-day player and he’s got a lot of experience as well, so he’ll be great to have around the squad,” he concluded.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...