Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

PIETERSEN WANTS TO BE ENGLAND CAPTAIN

England batsman Kevin Pietersen has expressed desire to lead the national side once again if Andrew Strauss steps down as one-day skipper.

Pietersen, who saw his first stint as England's Test and ODI skipper in 2008-09 end prematurely due to his poor relationship with then coach Peter Moores, said he would love to have another go at the captaincy.

"If the one-day job becomes available I would definitely be up for it. It's something I've thought about in the past few weeks since the rumours surfaced about Andy Strauss stepping down," Pietersen said.

"Second time around I think I could do a real good job as I'd be older and wiser, and would handle a few things a lot differently. So if the opportunity came up and I was asked I would say 'thank you very much, I would love to have another go'."

Talking about his first stint, Pietersen hardly had any complaints. "I didn't think I was too bad first time around - we had our moments against South Africa, and it took a century of freakish brilliance from Sachin Tendulkar to deny us a famous Test win in Chennai," Pietersen, who lost his job within six months, was quoted as saying by The Daily Mirror.

There have been reports in the British media that Strauss may step down as one-day skipper to focus on his Test duties.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...