Ads 468x60px

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Razzaq questions basis for exclusion

Abdul Razzaq, the Pakistan allrounder, has questioned the basis for his exclusion from the ODIs and Twenty20s on the tour of West Indies. Razzaq played a peripheral role in his team's World Cup campaign and claimed his exclusion was not justified given he hadn't had enough opportunities.
"I was told to bat at No. 8 and I hardly got a few overs in every match. So, where does the question of my non-performance arise?" Razzaq was quoted as saying by PTI. "How can one perform when he is batting at No. 8 and bowling just a few overs in every match?"
In eight games at the World Cup, Razzaq didn't complete his quota of ten overs even once and picked up five wickets at 32.20. He made 104 runs, batting in the lower order, at 26 and with a highest of 62 against New Zealand.
"One hardly gets time to settle in or build a proper innings. It was the same situation in bowling also," Razzaq said. "I had told the team management I was ready to bat at No. 3 because I have batted at that position before and have also done well. But as it was the World Cup and due to requirements of the team, the management didn't accept my point of view and I was kept at No. 8."
Razzaq, 31, said he was determined to make a return. "I want to come back. I think I can still continue playing for a couple of more years as I pay a lot of attention to my fitness."
Another player left out of the Pakistan squad was Kamran Akmal, following his wicketkeeping woes in the World Cup.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...