Ads 468x60px

Monday, June 20, 2011

Tanvir keen to establish himself as all-rounder



tanvir ahmed, pakistan cricket, pcb, cricket

 Fast bowler Tanvir Ahmed, who made a sensational debut against South Africa last October is looking forward to establish himself as an all-rounder in Pakistan team.
“Six wickets haul on debut against the powerful team like South Africa boosted my confidence and now my good batting has raised my spirit,” he said in an interview on Monday.
“My maiden half century against the West Indies in Basseterre gave me a chance to improve my batting and prove that I can serve Pakistan in both departments of the game in addition to fielding,” Tanvir, 32, said.
“If you look at my batting record I am not a novice as I have scored 14 half centuries and my batting average is just under 21 in first-class cricket,” he pointed out.
“It’s great to be coached by my favourite cricketer Waqar Younis. I started my cricket watching him,” he recalled.
“When I was told by the coach that I was playing against South Africa on a flat Abu Dhabi track last year, I was under pressure in the start,” he revealed.
“But when I got the prized scalps of Hashim Amla and captain Graeme Smith, it thrilled me and inserted energy into my bowling,” he commented.—APP
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...