Ads 468x60px

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Afridi eyes another stint with Hampshire next summer




Pakistan’s former skipper, Shahid Afridi, has expressed his desire to play for the English County side, Hampshire, next summer as well, after retaining his splendid form in the ongoing season.
Afridi, who has become an indispensable member of the side after performing exceptionally well in the Friends Life T20, said: “Definitely, I would love to, it’s up to the chairman (Rod Bransgrove) and the crowd. If they want to see me then maybe I’ll come back. I’m enjoying myself, but the main thing is performance and trying my level best to perform as best as I can.”
Talking about his experience playing for Hampshire, the 31-year-old admitted that it was fun working with the guys and team was a well knitted outfit. “There’s a nice atmosphere, people are very nice and the boys - my team-mates - they are all legends. I’ve really enjoyed playing cricket for Hampshire. (Captain) Dominic Cork is doing well and we’re really backing each other,” said Afridi.
The all-rounder, who exhibited some astounding performances for his County side, especially while bowling, had to abruptly return back home because of his father’s illness which means that he will miss the final group match against Middlesex, scheduled to be played on Friday, July 15, 2011. Nonetheless, it is expected that the flamboyant cricketer will return early next month to play in the last-eight clash.
The all-rounder has taken 14 wickets in his eight outings for the Royals, where he also helped his side reach the quarter-final stage of the T20 tournament.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...