Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Sachin Tendulkar is ICC's Player of the Year

Indian batting icon Sachin Tendulkar today bagged his maiden ICC Cricketer of the Year trophy along with the People's Choice Award, while compatriot Virender Sehwag was named the Test Cricketer of the Year at a glittering ceremony here.
Tendulkar, who has an international career spanning over two decades, clinched the coveted trophy by beating South African Hashim Amla, Englishman Graeme Swann and Sehwag.
"It's better late than never. I am getting the award in the 21st year of my career, so it's fantastic. I have been working hard for this award," Tendulkar said after receiving the honour.
Tendulkar, who made his debut as a 16-year-old against Pakistan way back in November 15, 1989, was also named the winner of LG People's Choice Award.
"To play well is a challenge that you take in your stride and work hard to perform. I am doing this for the last 21 years and I take a lot of pride to play for my country," Tendulkar said.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...