Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Shoaib Malik and Kamran Akmal rubbish PCB reports

Veteran Pakistan batsman Shoaib Malik and wicketkeeper Kamran Akmal have rubbished reports of the PCB that had stated that they were asked to submit details of their assets and bank accounts ahead clearing them for inclusion into the preliminary squad of the World Cup. The two players have categorically said that they have not been asked for their personal details regarding movable and immovable assets along with the details of their personal bank accounts.
The PCB had earlier claimed that they were not satisfied with the documents of these two players. The cricketers refuted the claims stating they never even gave any documents.
"When the board has not asked us for anything so where does the question of us not satisfying them arise. I have never done anything in my career that has anything to do with corruption, I will be back in the team," Shoaib Malik told a local newspaper from Dubai.
The PCB formulised new rules and procedures under the ICC code of conduct regulations which require players to submit details of their assets and personal accounts. The media had reported that the integrity committee of the PCB was unhappy with the documents that had been submitted by the payers since they were incomplete and not sufficient.
The legal advisor for the PCB Taffazul Rizvi failed to comment on the workings of the integrity committee.
However reliable sources within the board have confirmed that the integrity committee had indeed asked for the details of the payers, in lieu of which leg spinner Danish Kaneria already submitted details and documents. Therefore according to the source it was hard to understand why Kamran Akmal and Shoaib Malik were in a state of denial.
PCB selectors were interested in selecting the three players for the World cup however having not been cleared by the integrity committee the PCB has decided not to clear the players until they have been cleared of any wrong doings.
"That is the only reason the board has got an extension until January 5 from the ICC to announce its World Cup squad whereas other countries have already announced their probables including top teams like India, South Africa, Sri Lanka, England and Australia," the source said.
Kamran Akmal was reportedly upset over media channels claiming that he had four properties in Lahore in the name of his father. Malik meanwhile said, that he had nothing to hide and was in form hoping that he would be able to contribute to the national team in the World Cup.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...