Ads 468x60px

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Asad disappointed at missing out on maiden ton

 Pakistan’s emerging batsman Asad Shafiq is disappointed at not fulfilling the dream of scoring his maiden hundred on the recent West Indies trip.

“It was a great learning experience for me in the Caribbean however I’m not fully satisfied with my showing with the bat,” he said on Thursday.

“I found the playing conditions in West Indies quite different from what I heard from the seniors,” he said.

“Pitches were conducive and favorable for spinners while I was expecting bouncy tracks.

“International cricket is quite difficult and I am working hard to improve my batting technique and play long innings to establish myself and serve Pakistan.”

He admitted that there was a big gap in the country’s domestic cricket and that at the international level.

“With the passage of time I am learning and my mission is to be consistent and deliver in the interest of the team,” he said.

The right-handed batsman was looking forward now to tour of Zimbabwe in a next couple of months.

Asad said that after a couple of days rest, he will be going through rigorous training and batting workout in the nets.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...