Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Younis Khan completes level two coaching course

Younis_Khan
Senior batsman of the Pakistan cricket team Younis Khan has completed a level two coaching course at theNationalCricketAcademy. Before this course, Younis also completed a level one coaching course conducted by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB).
Younis also pointed out that playing and learning cricket were two different things.
“I think playing cricket and coaching are two very different things and require different skills. It is not necessary that if you are a successful cricketer you can also coach easily,” he told the media.
“What I am today is because I played good cricket but I always felt that learning about the sport is also very important and helps you grow as a player,” he said.
Younis said he was keen to attend coaching courses as it helped him remain updated about changes in cricket laws and learn man management.
“But I want to make it clear that I have no intentions of becoming a coach after retiring from the game,” he stated.
Younis, who stepped down as captain in November 2009, after leading Pakistan to the Twenty20 World Cup title inEngland that same year, said he gained a lot from completing a coaching course in 2009.
“I learned a lot from the previous course, so that was the reason I didn’t let the opportunity of enhancing my knowledge go,” he said.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...