Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I can still bowl 150 km/h: Shoaib


Fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar on Wednesday said he had not cut down on his speed and could still bowl well above 90 miles.
Shoaib, who made a comeback to international cricket after a gap of two years, said he was feeling comfortable bowling longer spells and would love to play match-winning role for his country in the forthcoming World Cup.
He said modifying his run-up had been very helpful.
“I have shortened my run-up but it has not affected my pace. I can still bowl around 150 km/h. I wish I had modified my run-up 10 years back.
“I am bowling decently and picking up wickets as well. I hope to continue good work and help Pakistan win the World Cup.”
Pakistan lost first two Twenty20 matches against New Zealand. But Shoaib’s performance in the series has been commendable. He has so far taken four wickets.
The 35-year-old pacer said, “When it comes to my fitness, I am always confident. I want to make a difference and lead Pakistan to some good results. We are going to win matches and show the world that we are honourable people.”
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...